Out of Area Registration
From January 2015 practices are free to register patients who live outside their practice area. In such situations it will not be the registered practice who provide a home visit, should you require one at any time. Therefore all patients applying for out of area (OOA) registration will be screened to ensure that this type of registration is clinically appropriate and practical. We are only accepting out of area registration applications for consideration from those who are existing patients moving outside of the practice boundary. Please note, registration requests for those moving outside of the Berkshire West CCG area will not be accepted. Download the patient information leaflet here.
To assess this:
- Please complete the out of area application form for each family member wishing to register - (please ask reception for a copy or download a copy here)
- The practice will then assess your particular case to ensure that OOA registration will be suitable for your health needs.
- We may require further information in which case you will be contacted by one of our staff
If we agree that it is clinically appropriate and practical to register you as an OOA patient, we will contact you to confirm your OOA registration with us.
This new arrangement only applies to GP practices and patients who live in England. For further information visit the NHS Choices website (http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSservices/doctors/Pages/patient-choice-GP-practices.aspx).
You will attend the practice and receive the full range of services provided as normal at the surgery. If you have an urgent care need please follow the process below in How to arrange a home visit
There may come a stage, should your health needs change, when we feel that it is not in your best interests or practical for you to be registered in this way. In these circumstances we may offer you registration with home visits if practicable, or we may advise you should seek to register with a more local practice to your home.
How to arrange a home visit
You may on occasion, develop an urgent illness or injury at home that means you are unable to make the journey to attend at this practice. On such occasions you should:
- During normal opening hours contact us and explain the situation to our Receptionist who will arrange for a doctor to call you back.
- The doctor will discuss the situation with you and will make recommendations for your care if possible.
- should the doctor determine that you need treatment closer to home they will advise you to call NHS 111 who will direct you to a suitable service provider in your locality.
When the practice is closed call NHS111 who will direct you to the local out-of-hours provider.